Salaries and benefits depend somewhat on the employer and salary source.
- All PGY-1 residents are paid by New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Seven PGY-2 residents are paid by New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Five PGY-2 residents are paid by New York State
- All PGY-3 and PGY-4 residents are paid by New York State
Expected resident salaries, as of July 2016, are listed below, but adjustments may occur. Licensure increases salaries; we list below the most frequent conditions:
* Includes New York State location pay (approximately $3026) for full-time state employees.
+ Does not include approximately $900 withheld during first 3 months (after transition to a New York State line) which is paid back upon terminating employment with the New York State (at the end of residency).
All residents are currently eligible for a $3,000 annual housing allowance from New York Presbyterian Hospital.